What do you THINK?
1. Do you agree that we do not rejoice in victory? Why or why not?
2. What invention or innovation makes you particularly joyful or fill you with wonder?
3. What about contemporary Israel might elicit a similar response to Golda Meir’s wonderment about strawberries and cotton?
What do you SEE?
1. Name the different elements that you find in this image. How does each relate to the quote? What emotions does this poster arouse in you?
2. Why might the artist have used the imagery of a rainbow and a dove?
3. Why do you think the artist has depicted this particular group of people (soldier, kibbutznik, man, woman, and children)?
Copyright© 2015 Harold Grinspoon Foundation
Please use this guide creatively in your programs. We’d also love to see what you’re doing and share it with others, so please post on our website using the Share button in The Exchange.