What do you THINK?
1. Is there someone in particular who has been an inspiration to you in the area of serving others? What did you do as a result of their inspiration?
2. What acts of service can everyone participate in, regardless of income, location, or age?
3. Upon which “pillars” does your Judaism rest? Do you agree with Lynn Schusterman that “serving others” is one of the pillars?
What do you SEE?
1. Describe the different elements you see in this poster and how they suggest meaning for the quote.
2. What feelings or moods do the strong colors create for you?
3. The Hebrew calligraphy that wraps around the pillar spells “chesed” (loving kindness). What significance can you find in this? Are there other “wrappings” within Judaism that may have inspired the artist?
Copyright© 2015 Harold Grinspoon Foundation
Please use this guide creatively in your programs. We’d also love to see what you’re doing and share it with others, so please post on our website using the Share button in The Exchange.